Thursday, July 7, 2011

Recipe and Quote of the Day!

While I was in South Africa this past March I ate a lot of dates and nuts for breakfast. Don't ask me why, but the morning spread down in the restaurant at the hotel always had them out and I loved them!! I was reminded about their amazingness last night so I figured I'd look up a paleo friendly recipe.

Stuffed Almond Dates Wrapped in BACON!
(Can you imagine the pure amazingness of this already)

Ingredients:

20 dates

20 almonds

almond butter

bacon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400.

Put a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.

Cut a slit down the length of the date. Remove the pit and replace it with some almond butter and an almond.

Cut bacon into 2 inch strips (I have found using kitchen shears works best for cutting bacon). Wrap strip around stuffed date and secure with a toothpick.

Place seam side down on the wire rack.

Once all dates are stuffed and wrapped, place sheet with rack on it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is crispy.

Allow to cool for 10 minutes so that you don’t take off the roof of your mouth


Quote of the Day!!

"Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all

good things will be yours!"

Swedish Proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment