Thursday, May 19, 2011

Recipe and Quote of the Day!

Today I thought I'd share with you a dressing I like to use for several veggie dishes. Whether it's a salad, raw veggies, blanched or steamed, I like to use this dressing. It's easy to make and I have some on hand whenever I need.

Lime, Garlic & Oil Dressing
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic sea salt (add as much or as little as you like) 
1 teaspoon minced garlic 
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or yellow onion 
1/3 cup lime (or lemon) juice, add more to your liking 
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
Freshly ground black pepper or add some cayenne pepper if   
you want it to have a little kick
Directions:
 In a small bowl whisk together the salt, garlic, onion and lime   juice until the salt has dissolved.
Slowly pour and whisk in the oil until it becomes dark and        cloudy completely mixing. 
Add in the pepper and taste. If you feel it needs any more         seasonings, add it!
Makes 1 1/3 cups

Quote of the Day!
"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory."

Mahatma Gandhi

This will be a good motto to live by today - I'm tackling Fran!

1 comment:

  1. ooooh, i like this, i'll have to try it! you're the best :)

    ReplyDelete