Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Recipe and Quote of the Day!

So who doesn't love Pork?? I love it! Especially some boneless Pork shoulder ribs! Well I got home from the gym last night and wondered what the hell I was going to make for dinner. I took out the pork to defrost on Tuesday so I had to use it! I decided I would try something new.

Melisa's Coconut Almond Pork Ribs
(If you have a better name then rename it for me)

Ingredients:
1-1.25lbs Boneless Pork Shoulder Ribs
3/4 can of coconut milk
1/4 cup of almond flour (I use Trader Joes)
Seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, lemon pepper, cayenne, Italian seasoning

Directions:
In a saute pan pour coconut milk over medium high heat and let it warm up. It will start to bubble a little. While the coconut milk is warming up, on a large plate mix the almond flour and seasonings together. I didn't measure the seasonings just eyed it to taste. Basically, this is an alternative to breading like you would fried chicken. Once the flour and seasonings are well mixed, spread it evenly around the plate with your hand so each piece of pork will get breaded/seasoned on both sides. Once pork is breaded/seasoned, place in slightly bubbling coconut milk. Leave on medium high to medium if your stove tends to get really hot. Brown each side of pork for approximately 5 minutes. Once it's browned on the second side for 5 minutes, drop the heat to medium low and cover pan with foil leaving just enough room to breathe (poke holes if you cover the entire pan). Once you hear it start to boil, reduce heat to low and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, or until Pork is not pink.

Serve Pork with a spoonful or more to as much as you like of the coconut milk poured on top of each piece.

I apologize, I didn't keep complete records of my timing, I just know from experience so using my time measurements you'll be fine.

Seriously, this was amazing!! Here is a picture of the finished product! If I would've know that I was making something so good, I would've recorded it a little better :-)

Quote of the Day
If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy wtihin your heart, then in living I have made my mark.
Thomas L. Odem Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment