Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Recipe and Quote of the Day!

I was talking about some amazing ribs I had in South Africa yesterday so I thought I'd look for a recipe to try out. Awww...I'm missing Cape Town right about now! This recipe was taken from The foodee's blog.

African Spiced Ribs:

Ingredients:

2 packages of pork or beef ribs, about 5lbs (I'm going to use beef)

3 TBS thyme

1 tsp of each of the following: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, coriander seed, cardamom, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.

1/4 cup melted coconut oil

drizzle of organic raw honey if you want

Directions:

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Combine all spices and thyme in a bowl and mix. On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out the ribs so that the fatty side is on top. Spread the spice mixture over the ribs evenly. Put in the oven and let bake for about 2 hours. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the melted coconut oil and a honey. Increase temperature to 325 and continue to cook for another 1 – 1.5 hours.


Quote of the Day!

There is an abundance of love in my life, the more love I give, the more I have to give & in turn receive. The supply is endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment